Multiply engagement and retention tenfold with digital sketchnotes and make your event memorable.
Big Paper Strategy makes your messaging fun and dangerously understandable during your live feed.
We hear again and again how our visually engaging strategy allows attendees to get more out of a discussion than plain speaker video, forgotten learning objectives, and too often dull slide decks. Most people are visual learners- lean into that fact!
Big Paper Strategy offers live drawing services for virtual conferences, webinars, and online meetings of all kinds. We do look forward to returning to live events.
Make your event memorable in realtime
Visualization increases comprehension and retention! Call Matt anytime at 330 835 7383
Virtual Sketchnotes: More than live engagement
- A tool for sponsorship placement and income
- Printed as speaker gifts after the event
- Printed wide format for office reminders
- Social Shared with event hashtags during an event
- Used for future event promotion
- Printed as marketing collateral
- Recorded ahead for per-recorded sessions
- Shown live on projector/display during a hybrid event.
What would your attendees think if you added sketchnotes?
Sketchnotes are crafted live. Event and meeting attendees get to look over the shoulder of someone else in the room and reaffirm their learning. This is a home run for visual learners. Seeing a holistic view of a conversation build up keeps everyone engaged, on track, and wondering what will be drawn next!
What makes Big Paper Strategy Virtual Sketchnoting Service the best?
- Experience in live listening and graphic recording on-site at events. We certainly miss days of gathering together, but the pandemic has shown us we're even BETTER at digital!! Knowing how to listen and translate is our best skill
- Preliminary Sketching - Expect Big Paper Strategy to read your agenda, absorb your slide decks as available, and create preliminary sketches.
- Sketches of Speakers - Give credit to your speakers and give them an even better reason to share their experience to their social audiences.
- Drawings 100% in your color theme and with your logos. Expect us to ask questions about your event and organization color scheme.
- Crisp and legible text. We're in a digital world, why NOT use a legible, hand written font for clarity?
- Experience a High-powered PC-based broadcast over a 400Mbps fiber internet connection, all through a rock-solid Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Images are perfected in our post production process and provided in vector/clear png/pdf format for printing and sharing at ANY size.
- We capture in Hyperbole, and Humor - Where possible, we listen for opportunities to accentuate with running and inside jokes, exaggeration and accentuation of positive elements. This is done with tact and is dependent on the subject matter.
Technology to get the canvas to your participants
Big Paper Strategy has streamed live note-taking illustrations to a number of different platforms including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GoToWebinar, Stream Yard, Intrado, RingCentral, Hopin.to, Google Meeting and others. While each platform offers its unique abilities, they often offer plenty of options for streaming sketchnotes.
Streaming directly via the RTMP protocol or to third party platforms like Facebook Live or YouTube Live is available.
Sketchnote Video Example
This video stream is from a Shared Hope International Webinar. Scrub past the intros and see the image build over time.
FAQ on the illustrations in this video:
- Panelist photos and questions received beforehand to frame the size of the illustration.
- This webinar utilized the GoToWebinar platform.
- Screen streamed as a webcam feed (not screen share) as to not take over the show.
- It was shared that some viewers stared at our drawings the entire time.
Our experience in Drawing for Virtual Events and Meetings
2020 has brought new challenges and opportunities for us all. Finding a new niche in offering a powerful virtual sketchnoting service has been a blessing. This medium fits our skill set in incredible ways.
Our first online screen share webinars were done using a drawing tablet and Photoshop. While this experience was successful, it helped us identify needs and allowed us to understand the medium.
What were those needs and lessons?
- High Contrast and Legible Design. Because of how online video services utilize image compression, it is important to present online viewers with high contrast colors so that colors are not grouped together in an image stream- and rendered invisible/illegible.
- Movable Elements- While Photoshop Layers provide a range of opportunities to split graphics, it pales in comparison to the individually select-able components of vector-based tools, like Adobe Illustrator. This is crucial for the ebb and flow of conversations, and for post-event image cleanup.
- Preparedness - As with our live graphic recording work, Matt studies, researches, and has go-to sketches ready before any event.
- Robust Streaming Tools - Streaming tools on robust hardware with a High bandwidth fiber Internet connection make a big difference in terms of reliability.
- Color Themes - We only with colors that match event or organization palettes based on branding documents. Don't care? We can use the whole rainbow for your sketchnote creations!
All Big Paper Strategy digital illustrations are created in vector format- meaning they can be scaled to any size. We can work with you to create a right-sized PDF with your organization branding, or transform livestream sized graphics to printable sizes... We often print 16x20 poster sizes using the services at printful.com.
While we livestream illustrations to your conference platform, we can also simultaneously record an entire illustration session and provide the video as a separate deliverable, or upload it to YouTube. Videos are often compressed to 60-120 seconds for rapid consumption.
Your illustrator Matt Orley can introduce his work, review a previous session's work, or offer insights and reviews of a day's illustrations at your direction.
Maybe live illustrations don't make sense in your conference platform but you still want it available? Big Paper Strategy can watch your livestream on your platform and livestream to YouTube LIVE separately- giving you a second screen experience.
Need images with the Big Paper Strategy look and feel for your event PowerPoints? We can provide images in SVG format that can easily be imported into Microsoft PowerPoint with a clear background.
Several of our clients ask us to edit power points before events directly- to make them more professional and easy to understand.
Do you have a slide deck with lots of open space? Big Paper Strategy can coordinate with your slide deck provision and draw on top of your slides. This would be broadcast as a live illustration INSTEAD of your slide share deck.
While we all learned to embrace the digital event in 2020... there is nothing like gathering together in person. Big Paper Strategy offers live on Paper Graphic Recording, but can also work on-site and provide digital recording streamed to on-location displays for conference viewing (Think HDMI output).
One of the best parts of live graphic recording is the final product- it exists on paper at an in-person conference. That's tough for digital to emulate outside of LED walls and outsized television monitors. Leveraging a decade of experience in printing for wide-format applications, Big Paper Strategy can coordinate with local print teams (FedEx Kinkos, Sign-a-rama, etc..) and deliver on-site prints as fast as partners can print and deliver to your location.