Multiply engagement and retention tenfold with digital sketchnotes and make your event memorable.
Big Paper Strategy makes your messaging fun and dangerously understandable during your live stream event!
We repeatedly hear how our visually engaging strategy allows attendees to get more out of a discussion than plain speaker video, forgotten learning objectives, and too often dull slide decks. Most people are visual learners- lean into that fact!
Big Paper Strategy offers live drawing services for virtual conferences, webinars, and online meetings of all kinds. We're glad to be back drawing for in-person events post-pandemic!
Graphic Recordings across multiple customers printed and animated with Matt Orley
Make your event memorable in realtime
Visualization increases comprehension and retention! Call Matt anytime at 330 835 7383
Virtual Sketchnotes: More than live engagement
- A tool for sponsorship placement and income
- Printed as speaker gifts after the event
- Printed wide format for office reminders
- Social Shared with event hashtags during an event
- Used for future event promotion
- Printed as marketing collateral
- Recorded ahead for pre-recorded sessions
- Shown live on projector/display during a hybrid event.
What would your attendees think if you added sketchnotes?
Sketchnoting is a live service. Event and meeting attendees get to look over someone else’s shoulder in a virtual room and affirm their learning. These live illustrations are a home run for visual learners. Seeing a holistic view of a conversation build-up keeps everyone engaged, on track, and wondering what will be drawn next!
What makes Big Paper Strategy Virtual Sketchnoting Service the best?
- Experience in live listening and graphic recording on-site at events. We certainly miss days of gathering together, but the pandemic has shown us we're even BETTER at digital!! Knowing how to listen and translate is our best skill.
- Preliminary Sketching - Expect Big Paper Strategy to read through your agenda, absorb your slide decks as available, create initial sketch plans and quick sketch speaker faces!
- Sketches of Speakers - Give credit to your speakers and give them an even better reason to share their experience with their social audiences.
- Drawings 100% in your color theme and with your logos. We'll follow your brand identity requirements, and maybe those of your event sponsors too!
- Crisp and legible text. We're in a digital world. Why NOT use a readable, handwritten font for clarity?
- Experience a High-powered PC-based broadcast over a 400Mbps fiber internet connection, all through the rock-solid Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Images are perfected in our post-production process and provided in vector/clear png/pdf format for printing and sharing at ANY size.
- We capture Hyperbole and Humor - Where possible, we listen for opportunities to accentuate with running and inside jokes, exaggeration, and accentuation of positive elements. Levity is accomplished with tact and is dependent on the subject matter.
- Hyperbole, and Humor - Where possible, we listen for opportunities to accentuate with running and inside jokes, exaggeration and accentuation of positive elements. This is done with tact and is dependent on the subject matter.
Technology to get the canvas to your participants
Big Paper Strategy has streamed live note-taking illustrations to many platforms, including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GoToWebinar, Stream Yard, Intrado, RingCentral, Hopin.to, Google Meeting and others. While each platform offers unique abilities, they often provide plenty of options for streaming sketchnotes.
Streaming directly via the RTMP protocol or third-party platforms like Facebook Live or YouTube Live is available.
Sketchnote Video Example
This video stream is from a Shared Hope International Webinar. Scrub past the intros and see the image build over time.
FAQ on the illustrations in this video:
- Panelist photos sketched pre-event.
- Big Paper Strategy knew host questions beforehand to frame the size of the conversation and illustration.
- This webinar utilized the GoToWebinar platform.
- Screen streamed as a webcam feed (not screen share) to not take over the show.
- Some viewers stare at the drawing build-up on screen the entire time.
Our experience in Drawing for Virtual Events and Meetings
The pandemic has brought new challenges and opportunities for us all. Finding a unique niche offering a powerful virtual sketching service has been a blessing. This medium fits our skill set in incredible ways. Benefit from two years / 100s of hours of pandemic drawing experience!
What were the needs and lessons in the virtual space?
- High Contrast and Legible Design. Because online video services utilize image compression, it is crucial to present online viewers with high contrast colors so that colors are not grouped in an image stream- and rendered invisible/illegible.
- Movable Elements- While Photoshop Layers provide a range of opportunities to split graphics, it pales compared to the individually selectable components of vector-based tools, like Adobe Illustrator. This is crucial for the ebb and flow of conversations and post-event image cleanup.
- Preparedness - As with our live graphic recording work, Matt studies, researches, and has go-to sketches ready before any event.
- Robust Streaming Tools - Streaming tools running on powerful hardware with a High bandwidth fiber Internet connection make a big difference in reliability.
- Color Themes - We only with colors that match event or organization palettes based on branding documents. Don't care? We can use the whole rainbow for your sketchnote creations!
All Big Paper Strategy digital illustrations are created in vector format- and are scaleable to any size. We can work with you to create a right-sized PDF with your organization's branding or transform Livestream-sized graphics to printable sizes... We often print 16x20 poster sizes using the services at printful.com.
While we livestream illustrations to your conference platform, we can simultaneously record an entire illustration session and provide the video as a separate deliverable or upload it to YouTube. Clients often choose videos compressed to 60-120 seconds for rapid consumption.
Your illustrator Matt Orley can introduce his work, review a previous session's work, or offer insights and reviews of a day's illustrations at your direction. Some clients request a post-session interview where attendees ask questions about the process.
Maybe live illustrations don't make sense in your conference platform? Big Paper Strategy can watch your event on your platform and livestream to YouTube LIVE separately- providing a second screen experience.
Need images with the Big Paper Strategy look and feel for your event PowerPoints? We can provide images in SVG format that can import into Microsoft PowerPoint with a transparent background.
While we all learned to embrace the digital event this decade... there is nothing like gathering together in person. Big Paper Strategy offers live on-big-paper illustrations but can also provide digital recording on-site with streamed displays for conference viewing (Think HDMI output).
One of the best parts of live graphic recording is the final product- it exists on paper at an in-person conference. That's tough for digital to emulate outside of LED walls and outsized television monitors. Leveraging a decade of experience in printing for wide-format applications, Big Paper Strategy can coordinate with local print teams (FedEx Kinkos, Sign-a-Rama, etc.) and deliver on-site prints as fast as partners can print and return to your location.