Hey Meeting Planner! My job is to make your conference content shine through live illustration. Understood one comment at a time, event attendees share this with me at every single event:
These notes are better than mine!
I had no idea what the heck you guys were talking about until he drew it for me.
So many people are visual learners- like me!
These are consistent comments- heard from large swathes of populations including 25-year-old social workers, 58-year-old heavy equipment managers, C-Suiters, academia, software developers, educators and so many more.
One at a time, these are smile-laden touchpoints.
But for an EVENT PLANNER, value erupts when the engagements represented by these comments are understood at scale.
The Six Engagements that happen at Scale via Live Illustration
Live Illustration value (spoken and unspoken) rings true for all attending your event. Your attendees gain value when they:
- Remember what was said, multiplying speaker value beyond the moment because of visual reinforcement from the illustration.
- Appreciate your event content and see a representation from a fully engaged listener (yours truly).
- Get to laugh together at the humor captured -creating continued shared experiences for the group.
- Find entertainment from the live visual element in the gathering.
- Review an image and share with their boss and network – showcasing what they learned at your event (validating attendance).
- React to big paper event photographs posted to social media events.
Return on Investment for Live Illustration
The Return on Investment (ROI) of Live Illustration extends into three arenas
Full alignment and support of event programming
The act of live illustration reflects brightly on a speaker, panel, or group discussion.
You made him look good.
Content gains lasting power when captured onto a canvas and reviewed and photographed by attendants. Used as a memory aid after the event, the level of comprehension and recall goes up 3-4 times because of the striking visual aids.
The new and novel
An event can be dead and lifeless if it’s perceived as the same content, same faces, and the same experience as the year before. Live Illustration provides a unique point level of entertainment. The act of illustration finished works, and the illustrator himself are all points of interest within an event space.
Returning next year because of the value
The cost of keeping an attendee coming back is less than the cost of winning a new attendee. Why not reinforce the value of your conference? Live illustrations make your event more memorable and have been used as ‘proof of learning’ to validate return tickets.
And a verbal/video review…